Monday, June 10, 2013

Fetishism in Fashion

Not so long after Svetlana Batura took photos of my felted kimonos on a man and I submitted these photos, I got a letter from Paris, to be more precise – from Edelkoort ETC, a company of a famous trend forecaster Lidewij Edelkoort.

raw fleece kimono by vilte, photo credit svetlana batura

798142_10151215256070303_488384012_o

 

The letter was an invitation:

“Please find enclosed a letter of invitation from Lidewij Edelkoort, the press letter, as well as images of the pieces we are most inspired by and feel are key to the expression of fetishism in contemporary fashion.  Would you please let me know if you would be interested in participating in this high-profile European fashion event, and if so, indicate if the attached pieces are available for consideration?” …

“Some of the designers who already accepted to contribute are: Walter van Beirendonck, Iris van Herpen, Rad hourani, Kei Kagami, Rick Owens, Bernhardt Wilhelm, Bas Kosters, Damir Doma, Joji Kojima, Aitor throup, Peter Movrin, Chris Sutton, Jean Paul Gaultier, Maison Martin Margiela, Yingin Ying, Prada, Uma Burke, Gabriella Marina Gonzalez, Luuk Varkevisser, KYE,  Barbara I Gongini and many more outside designers.”

“Please let me know if you need any additional information at all, while I look forward to hearing back from you soon regarding your interest.”

 

My work was selected for their exhibition “Fetishism in Fashion” at M°BA. Of course I said yes. Who wouldn’t want to be in a company of Iris van Herpen, Rick Owens, Jean Paul Gaultier???

The exhibition is now on view in Arnhem, the Netherlands. If you are there you can go and enjoy. But you will not find my work there. Unfortunately the last minutes changes were like this:

“We also have received lower budgets and less exhibition space than we first were told, and so we are sorry that this has a restricting effect on things too.
Please know that the Li Edelkoort is a big admirer of your work and that this decision is only based on the exhibition as a whole rather than individual pieces that she loves.”

Well, I can still feel happy that I have been chosen by Li Edelkoort among others like Jean Paul Gaultier Smile and that she loves my work. Good intentions Smile

3 comments:

Kays Kids said...

Congratulations!!!!! what a wonderful thrill for you. Your work is amazing.
HUgs

Hedde said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! IT IS A PITY YOU COULD NOT COME!!!!
I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO SEE YOUR WORK THERE!!!!!
With love Hedde

Yvette said...

wow...but...future

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...